Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Promise (12/23/2009)

As we prepare to celebrate Christmas this week, I would like to share a thought from Elder Russell M. Nelson about the promise that the Savior brought when He came to this Earth:

"In section 68 of the Doctrine and Covenants, we read this commandment from our Master: "Be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come."

"Lovingly we cling to that promise. Difficult days are ahead for all mankind. Sin is on the increase. We live in a time of wars and rumors of wars. The Church and its members will come under attack and endure persecution. Jesus descended below all things in order to rise above all things. He expects us to follow His example. Yoked with Him, we can rise above all challenges, no matter how difficult they may be."

No comments:

Post a Comment