Monday, September 28, 2009

Learning to Choose Good (9/28/2009)

"And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me — that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world." (Ether 4:12)

Here is a litmus test that struck me when I read it recently. If I look at my choices, how many of them persuade me to do good? Does the music that I listen to fit the bill? The movies I watch? There is no absolute answer to these questions, as there is good and bad in all that I do, but when I read this verse, it reminded me that I need to be more diligent in making good choices. And as I pay more attention to the choices I am going to make, I can now ask a simple question - will this choice lead me to do good? - and determine whether or not it is something that I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment