Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You Are Important (2/16/2010)

This past weekend, I had an idea that I have had before, though the magnitude of it really struck me this time around. In the scriptures, it is revealed to us that our Heavenly Father has created "worlds without number." (see Moses 1:33,35) When He explained to Moses that He has created so many worlds and heavens that they are innumerable to man, that really made me stop and think.

In this history of this Earth, experts believe that roughly 100 billion people have lived here. Now, if I take that number and multiply it by even a comparatively paltry 10,000 (a number to which I believe I could count) worlds, and if each of those worlds has had a similar number of individuals on them, that would mean that our Father in Heaven has an unfathomable amount of children. But the greatest miracle to me in all of that is that with so many children my Father in Heaven is still mindful of me, one of His children, and provides for my every need and many of my wants.

I will testify to you without a doubt that God lives, and I know from my personal experience that He loves each of us and is aware of our needs. He goes on in Moses 1:35 to state that "all things are numbered unto me, for they are mine and I know them." Christ expanded on that thought when he told his disciples that the Father is aware of even the sparrows, and that our value to Him is greater than that. When I consider all the other things upon which our Father in Heaven needs to focus, I find the attention and love He gives us to be an absolutely fabulous miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment