Monday, June 22, 2009

Doing All the Right Things (6/22/2009)

"It is clear that no one who has an inclination to live the commandments of God would intentionally do things that would separate him or her from the Lord. I am confident you have the intention of doing all of the right things. Yet I wonder, are you doing them as fully and as completely as you are capable of doing? That is not an accusatory question. It is one asked in sincerity to help you, if needed, to open your eyes and evaluate each day's decisions to confirm that what you are doing will lead you to where you most desire to be. Be certain that you are not being led 'carefully' from the main track to happiness onto a sidetrack that can, in time, result in the loss of that which is most precious." - Elder Richard G. Scott

Lately I have reflected a great deal on the transient nature of things in this life. Elder Scott's quote here struck a chord with me, reminding me of the need to do everything I can do, and doing it to the best of my ability. With every decision we make, I hope that we will take the time to consider whether that choice will bring us lasting joy, or whether the happiness that decision brings will be fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment