Friday, August 14, 2009

Success in Trials (8/14/2009)

"Thoreau reminded us that men were born to succeed and not to fail. The line between success and failure may be so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it. Often we throw up our hands at times when a little effort and a little more patience would have achieved success. Persistence can turn what seems to be hopeless failure into joyous success. There is no failure except in no longer trying. Failure is not in falling down, but in staying down. There is a single factor that makes for successful living. It is the ability to draw dividends from defeat." - Elder L. Tom Perry

Lately, I have faced some challenges in my life, but I just keep putting one foot in front of another, relying on the Lord and hoping that tomorrow will be better. Elder Perry's words here comforted me, letting me know that as long as I am patient, sooner or later things will improve, and that even when things are not going well, there are still lessons that I can learn and apply in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment