Monday, August 3, 2009

One More Chance (8/3/2009)

"Dad! Please give us one more chance!" This is the plea I heard from my 8 year old and 10 year old last night, as I told them that because they refused to stop talking and go to sleep, they would not be able to come to work with me today. I continued, saying that because they had been warned multiple times, and because their younger sisters were not going to sleep as a result of their incessant chatter, there would be no more chances.

As I left their bedroom, however, the idea crossed my mind that I have often found myself in their same position. I will make a mistake, then needing to correct it, I will turn to my Father in Heaven to ask His forgiveness - for one more chance. Unfortunately, I sometimes find that I will slip again and I find myself in a position where I need to ask for another chance.

With that thought in mind, I granted my boys the extra chance they requested, and I heard nothing from them for the rest of the night. Hopefully I will, like my sons, make the most of the chances that our Father in Heaven gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment