Monday, June 7, 2010

Faith and The Atonement (6/7/2010)

When Enos, the son of Jacob, approached our Father in Heaven in sincere prayer, he was told that his sins would be forgiven. Enos wondered what qualified him for such a blessing when he was told:

"Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen. And many years pass away before he shall manifest himself in the flesh; wherefore, go to, thy faith hath made thee whole. (Enos 1:8)

I thought about this verse recently and wondered about whether or not I have enough faith. I know that God lives and that He is mindful of me in spite of the fact that I, like Enos, have never seen nor heard the Lord. The difference, I realized, was the fact that Enos demonstrated his faith through sincere prayer, where perhaps my actions, be they through prayer or obedience, are not what they should be. I do know that our sins can be forgiven, and I am thankful for the Atonement. It is my prayer that we can all have faith like Enos so that the Atonement can play the same role in our life as it did for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment