Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Life To The Fullest (6/22/2010)

On the way to work this morning, I saw a bumper sticker that read "Live your life to the fullest or die trying." I have been pretty frustrated with several things going on in my life lately, and this bumper sticker served as something of a wake up call. It is easy to let the trials that we face drag us under, yet as my wife reminded me last night after one of my rants, we did not choose to come here to fail.

We were given the chance to come to this Earth with the idea that we would become like our Father in Heaven. I imagine that we understood - at least in part - the challenges we would face here, yet the potential reward we would gain made it seem worth the effort. Once we came here, however, the perspective that caused us to rejoice when the Plan of Salvation was announced was lost, and it can be a challenge to find here the optimism we once had. Our Father has offered to help us through, and gives us the gift of the Holy Ghost to give us guidance as we live worthily, but in the end it is up to us to live our lives as best we can... or die trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment