Thursday, November 19, 2009

Escaping the Doldrums (11/19/2009)

"I have learned that where there is a prayerful heart, a hungering after righteousness, a forsaking of sins, and obedience to the commandments of God, the Lord pours out more and more light until one finally has power to pierce the heavenly veil and to know more than man knows." - President Spencer W. Kimball

I think that I found this quote for today by inspiration. It is easy for me to get lost sometimes with all that I have going on, and when I am lost, I tend to set aside the things I know I should do. Some might tell me to just "snap out of it" when I start feeling sad that things are not going the way that I think they should, but I know that President Kimball's advice here is a more sure way to escape the doldrums that might steer us away from the path we should follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment