Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Repetition (11/4/2009)

President Heber J. Grant once stood in priesthood meeting and said, "I have a letter from a man who made a suggestion concerning what subject I should address at conference. This man said he felt I had spoken too many times concerning the Word of Wisdom and strongly urged me to speak on a different topic. That is one man who obviously needs to hear more about the Word of Wisdom, and therefore I shall address that topic tonight."

Our leaders remind us in every General Conference that we need to study the scriptures. They remind us to seek out that which is good and wholesome, and strongly counsel us to avoid that which is not. These warnings must keep coming because there are still members of Christ's church who not doing what we have been commanded.

I see the same thing as I parent. For example, if my children keep their rooms clean, I do not have to harp on them to get it done and we can move on to other activities. Only when they do not do what they are asked do they get incessantly nagged by me and their mother to complete their chores, and they don't get the time to do the things they want to do. I hope that we can be more diligent in doing those things that we have been commanded so that we can receive more of the instruction that we will require to achieve our eternal goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment