Thursday, January 21, 2010

Children of God (1/21/2010)

Last night my daughter was interviewing me as part of a school project, and she asked me one thing that I would do to change the world. After some thought I replied that I would make it so everyone could understand everyone else's circumstances. I think that is one of the most difficult barriers we have to overcome. When we perceive another as being rude or inconsiderate of our feelings, there are probably other things going on in that individual's life that we may never know. If we had a more intimate understanding of the trials of others, however, we would likely be more empathetic when they react the way they do.

As the second lesson of the new Gospel Principles manual reminds us, we are all children of God, and each of us deserves to be treated as such. I hope that we can remember this when others are insensitive to our needs, and that we can treat everyone with whom we interact with kindness befitting a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment