Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Answers to Prayers (7/28/2009)

"To those within the sound of my voice who are struggling with challenges and difficulties large and small, prayer is the provider of spiritual strength; it is the passport to peace. Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven, who loves us. Speak to Him in prayer and then listen for the answer." - President Thomas S. Monson

This quote from President Monson contains great advice to us to seek out our Father's assistance in prayer. The one piece that I too frequently forget to do is listen for the answer. Sometimes it is because I get in too much of a hurry, sometimes because His answer may not be the one that I want to hear. Regardless, my experiences have taught me that our Father does hear and answer our prayers, and as we take the time to listen and accept that He will always act in our best - not necessarily our immediate - interests, then we will have meaningful communication with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment