Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fanning the Spark (7/2/2009)

I had the chance Tuesday night and Wednesday to be the priesthood representative at our ward's girls camp. It was fun being up there with my daughter and the others in my ward, and good to help them learn how to do things that both my daughter and I take for granted.

Yesterday afternoon, one of our beehives decided to light the fire for dinner. She had noticed that the fire from the morning meal was still smoldering in some parts, so she threw a large stick on there and started to blow. This resulted in smoke, but she could not get the stick to light. I showed her how, by blowing the ash off the embers and using a smaller stick she could get a flame. In a few short minutes, the fire was going and we were on our way to getting dinner.

After we got the fire going, I took the chance to let her know that in her life, there would be people she would meet whose testimony for the Gospel will seem to have gone out. With some help and gentle nurturing on our part, however, we can help them find the spark they need to continue their journey back to our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment